Philosophy of the Masters
& Meditation Training
Monday at 17h30
Classes in Vedantic philosophy and meditation practice, either presented as a formal lesson or as a question-and-answer session, where all spiritual/religious inquiries are welcome.
What is the Mystic Philosophy of the Masters?
Subjects expounded in the Mystic Philosophy of the Masters includes:
- Formation and dissolution of the universe.
- Aeons and ages of manifestation and dissolution of the universe.
- The advaita vedantist’s assertion of the oneness of God.
- Manifestation by the Light, also known as the Word; Name of God; Nam; Shabd; Holy/Christ Spirit; First & Only-begotten Son of the Father; Saguna Brahman; Isvara; Ringing Radiance; and numerous other appellations.
- Formation of three grand divisions of the universe —
- Spiritual region: the celestial spheres of divine contemplation;
- Spiritual-mental region: the heavens referred to in scriptures;
- Mental-material region: the physical planes of the universe.
- Manifest states and rounds of evolution caused and sustained by the Radiant Word.
- Mahakalpas and kalpas within a mahakalpa; mahayugas and yugas within a mahayuga: Kali, Dvapara, Treta and Satya.
- Spirit — Atman — the intelligent principle — responding to the Word.
- Stages of evolution: mechanical and kama-manasic.
- Progress through life-forms, races nations and cultures.
- Pre-human and post-human life.
- Esoteric caste-consciousness.
Constitution of the Human Soul
- Causal and other bodies
- The pranamayakosha and the aura
- The energy reticulation of nadis.
- Chakras and their corresponding glandular and nerve plexi.
- The Sahasrara, Ajna and Lalana chakras, and their relationship.
- The pineal gland and the “third eye.”
- The mystery of sleep and vitality, and astral projection.
Dharma and Karma
- Vasanas and samskaras
- Sincita, prarabda, and agami or kriyaman karma.
- The karmas which bind us to the wheel of rebirth: the relationship between motive, guilt and karmic consequences.
- Primordial perversity and aberration perpetuated: the ongoing fallen state.
- Clouded perception, insecurity, compensating errors, and inability to transcend the karmic imperative of reincarnation.
Life After, Between and Before Incarnation
- Self-judgement, and the effects of guilt.
- Akashic record and pre-birth awareness of prarabda karma.
Life After Rebirth
- Continuation of the evolution struggle.
- Diseases and misfortune: psychosomatic self-sentencing, self-cleansing and self-forgiveness.
- The Sermon on the Mount — a treatise on karma by the master Jesus.
The Celestial and Heavenly Hierarchy
- The supreme Absolute, and the concept of the Logos.
- Archangels, rishis, angels, guardians, guides, and nature spirit helpers.
Sadhana — Spiritual Curriculum
- Why a guru is necessary.
- Recognition of souls who are ready for initiation and guidance.
- Requirements for initiation: sincerity; reverence; preparatory understanding; vows to be taken; et cetera.
- The secret meditation technique imparted at initiation.
- Samyama, and the guru’s esoteric guidance and protection.
- Sanatana Dharma and its esoteric applied spiritual science of Yoga.
- The overlapping and merging practices, incorporated ahimsa, seva, prayer, japa, contemplation and meditation, of Hatha & Tantra: Yama; niyama; asana; pranamaya; pratyhara; dharana; dhyana; samadhi.
- Hatha: Asana, pranayama, bandha, kriya, and mudra
- Tantra: Japa, pranayama, pratyhara, dharana, dhyana and Samadhi.
Esoteric Training and Development
- Reticence, silence and secrecy.
- Occult and mystical experiences.
- The psychological effects of ritual.
Effects of Sadhana
- Raising of Kundalini Sakti and expansion of consciousness.
- Instinct, intuition, inspiration, telepathy, spiritual discernment and direct perception.
- Clairsentiences, siddhis & vibhutis (psychic faculties & mediumship).
- How the master extricates the soul from the entrapment in the wheel of rebirth, via meditation by the method revealed at initiation.
Pitfalls and Perils
- Secret disobedience to the guru.
- The dangers of egotistical motives and secret ambition.
- Exploitation of personal impurities and susceptibilities by demons.
- Protection afforded by unselfishness, self-honesty, sincerity, purity, high-mindedness and fearlessness.
Information for Initiates
- Methods of bodily, mental and psychic attack by asuras and demons.
- Psychic self-defence: the detection, countering and avoidance of occult pathology and criminality.
The Sacred Meditation Technique of Masters and Mystics
- The first, outer stage of meditation procedure, taught to all every week.
“Having attended the Sivananda School of Yoga for close to 35 years, I have managed to find the spiritual growth that I needed and am striving towards gaining more. “
“Daily meditation has changed my way of relating to the world. I also feel more peaceful and accepting.”